Saturday, July 4, 2009

Something Old, Something New

I just received "Forest Friends" (one of the Stamp Sets featured in our new 2009/2010 Idea Book and Catalogue) and decided to put it to use in a pretty, girly card that uses up some of my scraps of older Card Stock and Designer Series Paper.
0
0
Like many of you I never throw out my scraps, so I have bags of small pieces of paper just waiting for a home on a scrapbook page or card. The pattern featured at the bottom of this card is from a lovely set of paper called Berry Bliss, which was offered in the Spring/Summer 2008 Idea Book and goes down as one of my favourite Designer Series Paper sets of all time. I pulled the Purely Pomegranate (a 2007/2008 In Colour) from the pattern and used up yet another scrap of paper for the central border, and made the card base from Pink Pirouette (a 2008/2009 In Colour). The ribbon is 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain, the ink colour is Close to Cocoa, and the greeting comes from the "A Happy Heart" stamp set (originally meant as a Valentine's set). A pretty and simple card that helps use up those oh-so-valuable scraps... What have you done with your scraps?
0

No comments: