Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Bold Birthday

July is a month of birthdays in my family, starting with my mother on the 6th, followed by both me and my wonderful cousin Sandy on the 16th and my daughter Sophie on the 20th, and rounded out with my Aunt Kathy on the 31st. All those back-to-back birthdays have me in a real celebratory state of mind, which must have been the inspiration for today's card. It's one of those cards that wasn't planned out in advance... I just started picking up papers and layering colours to see what would strike me, and this is the end result!
0
0
The primary colour scheme features both Real Red and Brilliant Blue, and I used Designer Series paper and matching rub-on transfers featured in the Spring 2009 Idea book as a Level 3 Hostess set - they're from the Hand Drawn Bundle package, which included a four piece stamp set as well. Excellent set, which is unfortunately no longer available... but keep your eyes open because that "happy birthday" printed paper may just appear in an upcoming class! The Real Red layer was cut using the Top Note die in the Big Shot die cutting machine, and the tag was created with the scallop circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches. It's tied together (both literally and figuratively) with 5/8" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon. Bold and bright, just like some of this month's birthday girls!
0

No comments: