Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pretty in Pink (and Rich Razzleberry!)

Yay for the new "In Colours"! I've just started playing around with the decadently bold purple colour called Rich Razzleberry, and I love it...
0
0
Here I've taken a tri-fold card design, added Whisper White panels to the front and stamped them with flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral set. When inking I used both straight Rich Razzleberry and a softer hue achieved by stamping once on a scrap pad before stamping the image on my white panels - an effect called "stamping off". The accent card stock and the ink I've used to watercolour the bolder flowers is Regal Rose, and I've used silver Filigree Brad as the focal point for the belly band which holds the card closed.
0
0
The inside of the card features the greeting from the Fifth Avenue Floral set, and the edging of the interior Whisper White card stock mirrors the design I used on the front. It's a striking card, very feminine, and would make a lovely greeting card for an Aunt, Mom or favourite friend - it would translate well to special occasions like a birthday as well.
0

No comments: