Monday, June 1, 2009

Inspired By... Twilight

As I mentioned in my class calendar for May & June, I'm starting a new series of classes called "Inspired By...", where I'll look to everything from popular media to movies and literature as a basis for designing cards. The first class in this series is "Inspired By... Book Club", and in it we will be making a set of three cards inspired by books read and discussed by my book club "How Novel". One of those books is the popular vampire romance novel "Twilight", and I thought this rainy grey day (if you've read the book, you'll recognize a similarity to the weather in the town of Forks) would be a good time to reveal my Twilight card.
.
The card takes both the colour scheme and romantic message from the book. The layered card front holds a removable book mark perfect to hold your place if you're actually able to put the book down... and in several key spots there's a touch of sparkle (hmmm... wonder what inspired that?)
.














Here, the card front is shown with the book mark removed and its quote, taken directly from the novel, revealed. The stamped quote on the front of the card reads "You mean everything to me" and the interior echoes both the card design and sentiment, {EVERYTHING}.

If you would like to join me on Sunday June 14th to make this card and two more "Inspired By... Book Club" creations, please contact me at summer.burton@sympatico.ca or 519-672-5485 today!
.

1 comment:

Alesha Walls said...

I just love this! Fabulous card!