Sunday, June 28, 2009

Looking Back on Father's Day

As we were leading up to Father's Day I published several card ideas for Dads, but held off displaying the cards I created for my own father and my husband. Both of them visit Summer's Creative Corner and I wanted their cards to be a surprise on Sunday - but now that Father's Day is behind us it's time to share!
0
The first, which I made for my husband, is garden-themed. The card base is More Mustard with a layer of Designer Series Paper from the Delicate Dots package. The outer layer of the "flower" and the "grass" are Old Olive and were trimmed with the Ticket Corner Punch and Scallop Punch respectively. The stem and petals were hand trimmed from scraps of older DSP (yet another reason I never throw away those scraps!), and the stamp used in the centre of the flower is from the "Eight Great Greetings" set. The tiny flowers popping up on the "grass" were created using the Boho Blossoms punch, and add a sweet extra touch to this many-layered card.
0
0
The second card I made for my Dad using Chocolate Chip Card Stock for the Base with strips of Designer Series Paper from last year's "Tie the Knot" Simply Scrappin' Kit (which I loved so much I've kept using in bits and pieces, sad that eventually I'll run out!) The top layer is a 3" x 3" square of Creamy Caramel cut with the Scallop Edge Punch to create a buckle of sorts, and finished with the same lovely stamp from the "Eight Great Greetings" set. One of the creative bonuses of making a buckle design like this is your ability to slide the anchoring pieces of DSP around to shift the buckle up and down and from left to right until you find the place on your card where it looks just right - then all that's left is to anchor it and trim any excess paper.
0
0
The Dads in my life seemed to appreciate their cards and assorted Father's Day treats... I hope that however you showed appreciation to the Dads and Father figures in your life last weekend that they felt loved on their special day.
0

No comments: