Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hold Your Place


I belong to a reading group called "How Novel", a great group of women who gather once a month at one of our homes to share a few glasses of wine while discussing whatever book our hostess selected for us that month. Tonight was our monthly meeting and we chatted about the vampire-romance phenomenon Twilight... to honour the theme I made my fellow reading group members bookmarks as a little keepsake. The background layer is Basic Black, the top layer and grosgrain ribbon tie are both Real Red. The rose inked in Basic Black comes from the "Fifth Avenue Floral" set, and the quote I printed myself. If you're not familiar with it, it's taken directly from the novel and describes the relationship of the two main characters - the Vampire Edward and his human love Bella. Custom bookmarks may be something I look at more seriously going forward... wouldn't they make great wedding favours from a couple who love to read, or prizes for contests at school?
0

No comments: