Saturday, May 23, 2009

More Butterflies!

I've got butterflies on the brain lately... it must have something to do with spring, but I can also blame the "Beautiful Butterfly" Bigz die for the Big Shot die-cutting machine. Such a cute die, and with the different shaped wings included in the die you get a lot of layering options. You saw a triple-layered butterfly card in my last post, but here I've decided to go a simpler route, with both a single layer and double layer design.
.
Single Layer Butterflies: My single layer design uses two of the butterflies from the die without the addition of the extra, larger wings. Both are cut from Sweet Always DSP and the smaller butterfly is mounted right to the card using Snail Adhesive, while the larger one is mounted using Dimensionals to give an extra lift. The card stock used is Regal Rose for the card base, and Pink Pirouette for the background layer. Simple, girly, and fun.
.
.
Double Layer Butterflies: For my double-layered design, I took the same colour scheme and reversed it, with the Pink Pirouette as the card base and Regal Rose as the background layer. One of the nice things about using a darker colour for the background layer is the ability to accent the card front with StazOn... the tiny butterflies floating on the background, from the Dreams du Jour stamp set, were inked with StazOn while the verse, from the Best Wishes and More stamp set, was inked in Regal Rose Classic. It's interesting to see how similar the colours appear. Just as in the last card, the butterflies were cut from Sweet Always DSP - a great example of why I'm hooked on Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper. I love that within a single package of paper I'll find so many different patterns, often with very different designs, all of which coordinate beautifully with one another. It's inspirational, looking through my DSP to decide whether to feature it on a card, in a scrapbook page, or in a 3D project... so much fun!

.

No comments: