Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Great Project for Scraps

As mentioned in an earlier post, I’m a pack-rat who hates to throw away something I think I may find a use for in the future. Scraps of paper are a great example of that – I’ve got a whole drawer full of little pieces of paper that I’m just sure I can use for something. I recently created a card for my husband Chris (very) loosely based on a formal technique called Iris Paper Folding, which originated in Holland. It’s called Iris Folding because the centre of the design resembles the iris of a camera. I’ve got several patterns for Iris folding, but for this card (made entirely of scraps from my drawer) I decided to work free-hand. It makes for a less exact design, but I like the flow of it and the fact that the paper strips were large enough for me to stamp on. The top layer of the card is the scrap created when using the Top Note Bigz Die on the Big Shot die-cut machine, embellished with a bit of sponging. Proof positive that saving your scraps can make for great project ideas!

No comments: