Thursday, January 8, 2009

All That Glitters...

I've recently been enjoying a series of creative conversations with a friend in Montreal whose daughter is getting married in a just a few short weeks. At the moment they're deep in the process of making tin candle-holder centrepieces and building cupcake stands for what promises to be a rustic and romantic farm wedding... and these conversations certainly do get my creative juices flowing! After hearing about their wedding colours (burgundy and plum), I was inspired to create a wedding card for them that reflected those colours.



As mentioned in a previous post, I just got into a package of Sticky-Cuts letters and have been anxious to see how they look with a glitter finish - I think the result is stunning. The biggest challenge was designing and cutting the small '2' from the hole I originally punched out of the letter 'b' and used on a previous card (yes, it's true, I save every little scrap). The bride and groom are Renee and Reid, hence the 'r-squared' image on the cards front... may their union multiply their joy for many years to come!

No comments: