Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thinking Christmas (already!)

I've always been the plan-ahead type, and that part of my personality really shows as the holidays approach. I've already designed not only the card we'll be making for my annual Christmas Stamp-a-Stack, but also my "personal" card - the one I send to friends and family from my husband, daughter and myself. I hope you're ready for a sneak peek... here's the card I'll be sending out this year:
0
0
Based on a design by fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator Karin Sylvester, this card features Santa and his reindeer (from the Wandering Words stamp set) sailing across a brayered and sponged night sky. The moon is created with a mask, which allows the reindeer image to be stamped on top without any holes created by a raised or depressed surface. The tree line was created with one of the many wonderful stamps in the Lovely As A Tree set. I absolutely love it, and have decided that it will be worth brayering 60+ cards just to share this magical scene, complete with twinkling stars care of Dazzling Diamonds, and Rudolph's shining red Fine Cosmo Glitter nose (because who doesn't like a little bit of a shimmer at Christmas?) I feel the holiday spirit building every time I catch sight of my sample card... what about you? Are you starting to "think Christmas"?
0

No comments: