Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grab a Pillow...

No, I don't think it's nap time... although I wouldn't really mind one to be honest! I'm actually referring to Pillow Boxes, the round, puffy little box you can make from thick card stock and other "foldable" mediums and fill with treats. At one of my recent Spring Fling classes I was surprised by my friend Linda, who gifted me with a set of 25 clear acrylic pillow box forms (thank you so much Linda!) Last night I sat down with one of the boxes and started contemplating different ways to decorate them...
.
.
For this "first attempt" I stamped flowers and circles from the "A Good Egg" stamp set using Jet Black Staz-on, then filled the images in using Gelly Roll Glaze pens. Once the ink dries you see that the pens provide a unique, almost stained-glass finish on clear, non-porous surfaces like acetate, plastic and glass - the photo below will give you a better idea of the effect. To make the colours "pop" I lined the pillow box with Whisper White card stock, and accented the outside with a pretty Tempting Turquoise ribbon. Looking in the side of the box you'll see some colourful Easter Eggs peeking out... what a pretty way to deliver some sweet treats!
.

No comments: