Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Creative "Pit Stop"

I set out this evening to create another card for this Saturday's Birthday Stamp-a-Stack, but in the course of looking for inspiration on Split Coast Stampers I came across a lovely card by Julie Ramos that sent me off in another direction. One of my recent favourite stamp sets is called Always, and after seeing a sample card in shades of Bashful Blue and River Rock with the bird stamp set off to the left hand side, I just had to try making a version of my own. I used Barely Banana and Certainly Celery, with Old Olive accents, and I think the result is spring-like and lovely.
.
.
It could easily be made into a birthday card by switching out the "Always" greeting with the "B is for Birthday" or "Celebrate You" stamps from the Party Hearty set - but I plan to hold off and use this card in another upcoming class instead. Want to know which class? You'll just have to stay tuned for details!
.

No comments: