Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Big "Thank You"

Very shortly, you'll notice a break in the posts on Summer's Creative Corner. I'm excited to be going to the Dominican Republic for a week, where Internet connections will be harder to come by and card-making will not be at the top of my list of "to do's"! My travelling companion is my mother, and this trip is her gift to me... we haven't been on a vacation together since I was a child and we're both looking forward to not only enjoying the warmth, sun and sand, but also to enjoying each other's company. Needless to say, she deserves my endless thanks for taking me away on this trip, so last night I sat down and made her a card to show (at least some of) my gratitude. I used the Dreams du Jour stamp set, Urban Garden designer series paper, and both Whisper White and Pacific Point card stock.
.
I'm including a picture of the inside of the card as well, because I think it's so pretty. I created the two-tone butterflies using the "rock & roll" technique, inking the stamp completely in a lighter shade of ink (in this case, Baja Breeze), and then rolling the edges of the stamp onto a darker coloured shade (Pacific Point here). It gives such nice depth to the image once it's stamped!

.

No comments: