Friday, November 21, 2008

Victory!

Until I realize that one-more-person I’ve forgotten, I’m basking in a feeling of victory - I’ve got my Christmas cards ready to mail! As all you stampers know, it’s a big undertaking each year… the holidays are the perfect time to share homemade creations with friends and family, and you realize just how many of them you have when Christmas comes! I make and send about 60 cards, and that’s where assembly-line card making comes in handy… creating 60 cards one-at-a-time it takes much longer than if you cut all 60 of one element at the same time, then all 60 of another, and so on. This year I cut squares in three sizes from Urban Garden Designer Series paper, highlighted the patterns using Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and stacked them from largest to smallest on the front of a Not Quite Navy card. A simple ribbon tied from top to bottom and a tiny bow creates a sweet stack of presents perfect for under the tree! The single word “wish” comes from the Define Your Life stamp set and shows how convenient it is to highlight a small portion of a stamp using markers instead of using an ink pad – the actual stamp says a whole lot more than just “wish”! After hours of filling out greetings and finding addresses, my wish was for a cup of tea and a cookie… it’s nice to know my holiday wishes are coming true already! Many thanks to Jenn N. for providing me the inspiration for this card.

Are you interested in using assembly-line card making this year? Consider joining me at my final Christmas Stamp-a-Stack on Saturday November 29th at 3:00pm. You’ll have the opportunity to try this method of card assembly while creating a beautiful 6-layer card in sets of 10 – contact me for more information!

No comments: