Saturday, November 22, 2008

Feeling Crafty

When looking through the Holiday Mini recently I was struck by how beautiful the sample card was for the set "Winter Post" (item # 111780, $31.95). It was created using a combination of Riding Hood Red and Craft card stock, with accents in a soft green I think is likely Mellow Moss. It's such a  natural, gentle colour combination, and it inspired me to create a card using my current favourite Christmas set "Snow Swirled" (item #111690, $29.95).

I used Riding Hood Red card stock for the background, Craft for the trim and border, and Very Vanilla for the top layer. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been going scallop crazy since getting the Scallop Edge Punch, and I think it makes a lovely accent on the edge of the card, especially when combined with the Scallop Circle Punch. The top of the tree and the centre of the accent snowflake are highlighted with an Antique Brass Brad, which ties in nicely with the colour of the Craft paper. The layer of twine wrapped around the top layer is actually some kitchen twine... I always appreciate using something you have on hand for a completely different purpose, so you never know what unique accessories you'll find on my cards!

No comments: