Friday, October 10, 2008

Introducing “eCrafting”

By now we all know that internet technology can open new doors and bridge distances at an amazing speed – after all, without it you wouldn’t be reading this blog :-). I’m excited to share with you the latest way I’ve incorporated technology into my classes... I call it eCrafting, and it allows someone living at a great distance the opportunity to attend my classes “virtually”. Preparation is required for this long-distance learning opportunity as supplies must be ordered well in advance, papers must be pre-cut and some additional preparation may need to be completed (depending on the supplies an eCrafting attendee has access to at their location). Individual orders for Stampin’ Up supplies such as stamp sets and ink pads can be delivered directly to your home, and the additional supplies I’ve prepared are mailed out in plenty of time to arrive prior to the class. That preparation combined with the use of our webcams and microphones allows me to welcome a long-distance student into my home along with the rest of the class, and gives everyone the opportunity to complete their projects together. In addition to enjoying the experience of learning new techniques and creating beautiful cards and other projects, eCrafting offers the added bonus of social interaction and a sense of camaraderie from working in a group setting – an experience we miss when working alone. So don’t let distance be the barrier that stops you from enjoying an afternoon with friends working on fun and exciting stamping projects… join me in eCrafting!


Shown above, Meaghan from Petawawa (on the monitor) joins Tracy and Valeeta here in London for our Halloween Handiwork class!

No comments: