Monday, December 1, 2008

Mailing the Cards & Getting a Latte

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year! This year promises to be even more special as it’s the first year my daughter Sophie understands the concept of the holiday and is excited about it. I want to be sure to have lots of time around Christmas to enjoy the season with her and have been working hard to get many of my holiday projects done early this year… no more last-minute panic for me! To that end, my Christmas cards have been made, filled out, addressed and stamped for about a week – I’ve just been waiting for December 1st to take them to the post office. As you can see, Sophie’s excited to help me put our cards in the mail slot too!

From there it’s off to Starbucks for a special drink… today is World AIDS day, and 5 cents of every Starbucks beverage will be diverted to the Global Fund for AIDS treatment in Africa. For the rest of the holiday season, 5 cents from the cost of any of their three holiday beverages will go to the fund. Did you know that it only costs 45 cents for the two pills a day it takes to provide treatment for someone with AIDS? I know that the next nine Starbuck’s beverages I drink will equal a day of treatment for someone living with this disease… and those of you who know me know I’ll be drinking more than nine lattes between now and the end of the holidays! Give yourself a treat today…and maybe I’ll see you at the Wellington & Commissioners Starbucks!

No comments: