Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Colour Conundrum


As mentioned in a previous post, I absolutely adore the new Fall/Winter “In Colours” Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze, and have been drawn to many of the products in which those colours appear. The charming “Roof Garden” Accents & Elements tin (shown here) contains 12 sheets of adhesive-backed die cut shapes in Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Basic Grey and Whisper White. While I’m itching to start using this kit to accent my cards using my favourite colours, I challenged myself to use the Basic Grey die-cuts first since it’s a colour I don’t often gravitate toward. The result is a card that breaks the mould of my typical cards… and I love it!


In addition to the Accents & Elements, I used Real Red for the card stock and ¼” grosgrain ribbon, a 2” metal edged tag, and some silver embroidery thread I snuck out of my sewing kit. The “friend to friend” stamp came from the new Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, which I’ve just begun to experiment with… I look forward to seeing what I can do with the little flower silhouette stamps in the set.

No comments: