Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cock-a-Doodle-Doo!

I've been hard at work today on my swaps for tomorrow night's Demonstrator Quarterly meeting. Swaps are always an exciting part of our meetings - they're a great opportunity to share your creativity with other Demonstrators while learning from the amazing cards they create. For this meeting I'm swapping ten cards, and after browsing http://www.spitcoaststampers.com/ and several other crafting websites for some inspiring ideas, here is my finished result:
.
.
If you're interested in creating this card for yourself, you'll need the following ingredients:
  • Rustic Rooster Level 2 Hostess set
  • Pocket Silhouettes stamp set (for the verse)
  • Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Mellow Moss card stock
  • Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, and Ruby Red inks
  • StazOn Jet Black ink
  • Blender pens
  • Sponges
  • 3/4" circle punch
  • Snail Adhesive
  • Anywhere Glue stick
  • A lit candle
  • Wet paper towel
Note: I'm thinking of including this card in a class featured on my Summer Class Schedule, so do let me know if you might be interested in making this card as part of a class.
.
I'm always interested to see how a card design can be changed up in a simple way to be used for a completely different occasion, and with Father's Day coming up in June I thought hmmm... male rooster... proud papa... this might make a very cool Father's Day card! I switched out the "thanks so much" verse for a stamp from the Eight Great Greetings set (featured in our current Occasions mini), and voila!
.
.
I'll update Summer's Creative Corner with pictures from the Quarterly meeting so you can get a peek at what I swapped my roosters for!
.

No comments: